These Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Balls are creamy and delicious. The crisp chocolate layer gives a nice texture before you hit the creamy pumpkin center. Keep them in the freezer for a nice refreshing treat during this hot summer.
Disclosure: Products below contain links to affiliated links. If you purchase the products through the links, it comes at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission from the purchase that will help with web hosting costs.
Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors. Pretty much everything made with pumpkin is my jam. Pumpkin muffins, cake, pie, latte…the list goes on. One of my first recipes I posted was my Pumpkin Pancakes recipe and I think I ate the entire batch by myself:)
Getting into the heated summer months, I was looking for something refreshing to eat after dinner. Yogurt bowls or fruit bowls are my go to dessert but I love them so much that sometimes I have them for breakfast too. I needed to switch it up. First thing that popped in my head was chocolate. There is always chocolate somewhere in my house and I happened to find a hidden bar in the outside refrigerator. Jackpot! But it wasn’t satisfying enough.
A few minutes later I decided to create my Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Balls. Storing them in the freezer make them refreshing as ever! The chocolate shell cracks as you bite into it and then you hit the creamy pumpkin center. Awesome texture, awesome flavor, perfect treat.
Real Food. Real Vibes.
xoxo Kamaile Rose
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add pecans and coconut into a food processor and pulse until the pecans are chopped down.
- Measure in the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out balls onto your prepared sheet pan. You should make about 20 balls.
- Place balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Chop cocoa butter into tiny pieces so they melt quickly.
- In a glass bowl, mix together the cacao powder and cocoa butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until the chocolate mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the maple syrup until combined.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate or drizzle chocolate over them.
- Put the pumpkin balls back into the freezer so the chocolate hardens. Store in a container in the freezer.