These Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies are the perfect combination of flavors. The cranberries are tart yet the cookie itself battles that with a nice sweetness. Add the macadamia nut crunch and this cookie is bound to be a repeat in your kitchen.
Disclosure: Products below contain links to affiliated links. If you purchase the products through the links, it comes at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission from the purchase that will help with web hosting costs.
My Toots (grandma) used to have this enormous macadamia nut tree in her yard. When we were little, my brothers and I would use this tiny little divot in the cement of Toots’ patio to crack the nuts open with a hammer. It took a while to accumulate a handful of mac nuts to eat but it was so much better than grabbing them out of a jar or bag. Cracking them ourselves gave us fresh, raw mac nuts that grew on our grandparents’ land. I have memories of macadamia nuts flying all over the porch as we’d hit them at the wrong angle with the hammer. There would be mac nuts shooting in every direction!
The macadamia nut tree has since been cut down and my brothers and I are not the same little kids that would sit on the porch and crack nuts. But every time I walk by that little divot in the cement I remember the scattered mac nuts, shattered shells, and happy tummies. I smile every time.
So reminiscing on those sweet memories the other day I thought I’d make something with macadamia nuts. As always, my brain defaults to a cookie. It could be worse right? Right. Macadamia nuts and cranberries are a great duo. Throw them in a cookie together and you get my Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies that have the perfect texture and flavor balance that will keep your hand in the cookie jar.
Real Food. Real Vibes.
xoxo Kamaile Rose
- 1¼ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup palm shortening
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries (unsweetened or sweetened with fruit juice)
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted macadamia nuts*
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together shortening, coconut oil, and sugar with a stand or hand mixer.
- Crack in your egg and add your vanilla extract to the bowl and mix in.
- Add in salt, baking soda, and cassava flour. Mix until fulling incorporated scraping the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the dried cranberries and macadamia nuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for ten minutes before removing cookies to cooling racks. Let cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight container.