This guacamole is so simple to make. Just a few ingredients, mix them all up, and get to dipping. So delicious!
It doesn’t have to be Taco Tuesday to whip up some guacamole. Dip some chips in it, throw it on some eggs, spread it on a sandwich, eat it with a spoon…ok maybe I’m just a little too obsessed when it comes to some good guac. But hey, there are worse things. My mama taught me this recipe along with her salsa back when I was in high school. Salsa is coming, don’t worry:)
Do you ever grab store bought guacamole? You know, when you decide to have an impromptu Mexican night? Why are they all so bad? There is one brand that is pretty good but I only buy it at Costco because everywhere else that sells it is so overpriced. I’m forced to choose whether I should buy the guacamole or the rest of my dinner ingredients:( Anyways…back to how bad store bought guacamole is. It is either the consistency of paste, has no flavor, sour, or, my all time favorite, contains added sugar. Who makes these recipes?! It ain’t hard people! My mama’s recipe proves my point. Simple ingredients, spice to your liking, and boom, you’re ready to get to snackin’.
Real Food. Real Vibes.
xoxo Kamaile Rose
- 2-3 avocados
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes (depending how much heat you want)
- ½ of a 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- Scoop out the avocados into a bowl. Depending on the consistency you prefer your guacamole, either mash with a potato masher or dice with a knife.
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients and mix together until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.