These Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing! The perfect texture and flavor make you second guess if you’re actually eating a Paleo cookie. Mind blown!
Disclosure: Products below contain links to affiliated links. If you purchase the products through the links, it comes at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission from the purchase that will help with web hosting costs.
Who doesn’t love a batch of chocolate chip cookies? Crunchy, chewy, it doesn’t even matter to me. My mama hosts a Cookie Club Party every year around Christmas and it is absolutely the best! We basically just eat dinner and then spend three hours visiting and stuffing our faces with cookies. Is there a better party than that? Shout out to my girl, Sooz, who makes an amazing chocolate espresso cookie that my husband and I fight over. It is so good that she isn’t allowed to make any other cookie for Cookie Club. I won’t allow it:) I mean…when you’re good, you’re good!
I’m a lover of all cookies. But, to me, there is none better than a chocolate chip cookie. It’s so simple but it just makes me feel good inside. I don’t know if it’s the memories of baking them with my Gram, or maybe it’s because they remind me of how my dad would always take a huge spoonful of cookie dough when my mama made them for my brothers and I as kids. Never the less, chocolate chip cookies are my favorite.
Years ago I found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I became obsessed with (non Paleo days). I made it different depending on who I was baking them for. Sometimes I threw in walnuts or macadamia nuts and other times I used dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Not to toot my own horn, but they are a hot commodity…
My best friend is an EMT on another island so when she comes home I try to spend as much time as I can with her. A couple years ago I made the mistake of making my cookies for her little brother and cousin. Little is a loose word…they are much younger than us, but one of them tops us at 6’5″. Anyways…those two boys loved my cookies so much that every time I stop to hang out, they come up to me (sometimes before kissing me hi) and say, “Hey where’s the cookies?” They’re lucky they are so dang cute. Sometimes I can’t even handle how adorable they are.
This recipe is inspired by those two cuties. You can’t even tell these chocolate chip cookies are any healthier than a regular cookie. The texture and flavor are spot on. One day I’ll sneak the boys a batch to see if they even notice the difference:)
Real Food. Real Vibes.
xoxo Kamaile Rose
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup palm shortening
- ½ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1⅓ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup non dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the coconut sugar, palm shortening, and coconut oil in a bowl of a standing or hand mixer.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg until well combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Measure in the salt, baking soda, and cassava flour. Mix until incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and mix until distributed evenly.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop about 1½ tbsps of dough onto your parchment lined cookie sheet. The dough should make about 24 cookies.
- Once oven is preheated, bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, store cookies in an airtight container.