Macadamia nut oil takes granola to another level! Coconut, almonds, macadamia nuts, and mango make this granola disappear in no time.
Disclosure: Products below contain links to affiliated links. If you purchase the products through the links, it comes at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission from the purchase that will help with web hosting costs.
Around five years ago, my girl Sooz introduced me to baking with macadamia nut oil. She taught me how to make this killer (Sooz always says that word so it seemed appropriate) granola recipe that used macadamia nut oil to get the oats nice and crunchy. I went on a good 4-5 years before even trying another granola recipe. Thank you Sooz for inspiring my Macadamia Nut Granola recipe!
Granola is one of those things that diminishes my ability for portion control. Most times I can’t tell if I’m eating yogurt topped with granola or a bowl of granola with some yogurt under it. My go to snack when I get home from work is a huge spoonful of granola. Due to my inability for self control, I have this strategy, it may never work, but it’s a strategy none the less…
I walk through the door, grab a spoon from the drawer, twist off the ball jar containing the crunchy, golden granola and take a big scoop. Here’s where the strategy comes in: I do not grab a bowl or cup for the granola. I simply use only a spoon. There is no way I’ll stick that spoon back in the granola jar for a second mouthful because, ewe, germs. One bite for me and I toss the spoon in the dishwasher. That’s it! I won! But oh no…there are more spoons in the drawer…
So preheat that oven and get to baking. Also, take a note from me and just throw some granola in a cup when you want a snack. You’re only kidding yourself if you think five giant spoonfuls is any less.
Real Food. Real Vibes.
xoxo Kamaile Rose
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ½ cup pepitas
- ⅓ cup macadamia nut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup dried mango, chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almonds, coconut, flax, and pepitas in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the macadamia nut oil and honey. Mix together until everything is coated.
- Empty granola into pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and return to oven for another 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Once the granola is a nice golden color, remove from oven and give it another good stir.
- Let cool completely. Throw the granola back in a mixing bowl to crumble and add in the Macadamia nuts and chopped mango. Mix to distribute and store in an airtight container.